An Open Letter to Swimming

Dear Swimming,

You are one of the best things in my life. You may screw up my asthma sometimes but I still love you. I´ve known you since I was 3, and you’ve inspired me to become a professional swimmer. You make me feel like a kid eating sweet candy, happy to have it, and enjoys it for as long as you can. You’ve inspired me to prove to people that I can be a great swimmer with asthma. You’ve become one of my favorite and best sports I play.

You may be annoying because I have to wake up at 7:00 for practice everyday in the hot summer mornings but I still love you! You may be super cold and give me goosebumps when I get in, and the weird taste of chlorine in my mouth is annoying, but you’re still awesome! When I look at the water for my swim meets I get nervous, but when i’m swimming I love it! Lastly, you are one of the best things in my life and I hope to never let you go.

Love, Lily

2 Comments on An Open Letter to Swimming

1. 3nehaerms
    December 10, 2015 at 6:50 pm (8 years ago)

I love your story. My most favorite sentence in your story is,
    ” You make me feel like a kid eating sweet candy, happy to have it, and enjoys it for as long as you can.” I love the way you used the simile in that sentence. It fits in very well for that sentence. Nice story.

Reply
    • 3lilyerms
      December 10, 2015 at 11:07 pm (8 years ago)

Thank you!

Reply